OSHA standards of safety lockout device:
1. Safety device shall be capable of identifiability.
2. Lockout locks should only be used for control energy, shall not be used for any other purposes.
3. Strict adherence to the principles that one employee-one padlock-one key, individuals only have their own keys, clear and define the responsibility.
4. Lockout and tagout devices shall be capable of durability, standardization, sturdiness and identifiability.
OSHA lockout device standard stipulate that strict adherence to the principles that one employee-one padlock-one key, individuals only have their own keys, clear and define the responsibility.
To prevent the repeat key to harm to the safety of shutdown, Bovii provide the service of key code registered. After register, Bovii will give you a User ID. By using the User ID, we will use new code in each of your padlocks when your customized new padlocks.
Lockout is the basis of the LOTO; the padlock should be selected according to the use of the environment and the use of specific situation.
Using different padlocks in different environments:
Padlock species Using environment
Engineering plastics padlocks Suitable for power system and corrosion environment
Steel padlocks Sturdy and withstands severe physical abuse
Aluminum padlocks Suitable for food industry
Brass padlocks Non-sparking, suitable for flammable environment
Permanent marking-Laser Engraving
We can provide the service of permanent marking to marks the worker’s information on the padlocks permanently.
KD – Keyed Different
The key opens only one padlock。
KA – Keyed Alike
Each padlock has its own key.
All keys are the same and open all padlocks within in a group.
MK – Master Keyed
A master key can be used to open multiple locks that are keyed differently. This allows supervisors to easily remove a lock in the event of an emergency. In order for employees to retain exclusive control, master keys should be kept in a secure location that is accessible only to management
GMK – Grand master keyed
A Grand Master Key sits at the highest level of access and opens all padlocks, including:
- groups of Keyed Different Padlocks
- groups of Keyed Different Padlocks with a Master Key
- groups of Keyed Alike padlocks
- groups of Keyed Alike padlocks with a Master Key
- mixed Groups of Keyed Alike, Keyed Different and Master Keyed Padlocks